Another Day, and the time is now whipping past


Ha I wrote this yesterday and never went back to post it!  Ah, moving across country brain mixes with Covid brain, and I'm toast!

Bryan is working on his leave of absence paperwork.  Some would argue that it should have been done long ago, but this is Bryan we are talking about.  At least it's going out now.  I don't think he thought of it until recently.  

I am still working with my Quickbooks client, and now I have an interview on Thursday for an additional client for bookkeeping. 

Studying hard for finals that happen right when we close.  

Oh, and by the way, all the stuff that was frozen in the ground (firepit, lawn swing, Adirondack chairs) is on the truck!  Bryan worked them by shoving the 2 wheel dolly under them and prying it up.   

Stuff is moved out of the bedrooms and we will be ready for carpet cleaning today.  I just got done vacuuming the heck out of it all.   

I'm running the washer and dryer non stop today to wash all the bedding and stuff, so we don't have to worry about a laundry mat for a while with that kind of thing.  Just our normal clothing.  

Today for me, work on school, unemployment, moving stuff, cleaning the fridge, and maybe swap out my kitchen table for the folding table, so it can go on the truck.  That's a lot, I know, but I gotta do it! (PS, I didn't get much of that done.  I had a coaching thing come up, had to help a classmate pass her oral exam.)  So we try again today!

A word or two about STAGING:

When you pack and move, you find you have to do a lot of staging.  Here are the staging practices I had to put in place:

I started out using the master bedroom to pack, store empty boxes, and store full boxes, while I slept in the spare bedroom.  

The shelf unit in the hall has been used to stage all kinds of things.  I had kitchen electrics there at one point.  Always boxes, packing material, tools, tape gun and tape, etc.  It also now holds a bunch of things that need to go to Gina's house, because we don't want to mix them in with the piles of stuff destined for the trailer.  

"Packing Central" got moved to the big office.  Finished packed boxes went in the master, the hall, or the living room.  

All the small furniture got moved to the small office for a while.  

Now because of carpet cleaning, empty boxes go in the small office because that's wood flooring in there.  All of Bryan's bedroom stuff is in there too.  

Packing is done on the kitchen counter.  And I will be sleeping in the living room for the rest of our tenure here.  My bed is in there now and I slept there last night.  

All my clothing and makeup and stuff is crowded around me while I sit at the dining room table, which has been staged as my office the whole time, because the other two offices were always in some degree of flux.   

We put stuff we don't want to lose up on the fireplace mantel.  Car keys are stashed there now.  

Cupboards are empty and I don't want to put anything back in them.  So I have kitchen stuff and cleaning stuff out on the counters.  All the bathroom stuff is in my rollie set of drawers.  That gets moved from room to room as needed.    

I will be happy to use the rooms for their intended purpose when we get moved.  I think at this point, I have slept in every room in the house except the kitchen and bathroom.  Hopefully we are past that possibility!    


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Begins

Catch Up and Preview

Jobs, and the Lack Thereof