The First Showing!

 I of course am writing this only a couple hours after the showing went down, so I have no idea how it went.  They were only here half an hour.  I know this because of something stupid that happened, of course.  (I learned later in the day, that it's a no.  The people thought it was more work than they want to do.) 

I got Poor Kitty packed up in a box instead of that kennel and I took him to the car.  It was one of those boxes Bryan got at City Market, with the tabs that tuck in, and you don't necessarily need to tape.  But I know Kitty!  So I taped the box shut, and I thought I did a pretty good job of it.  Mind you, I did cut 4 triangular holes for air.  Poor guy cried and cried, and I talked to him the whole way.  I sure hated to do it, and felt so sorry for him.  

I gathered up my purse and my keys, locked up and went out the door, basically at 6:40am, enough time for the car to warm up somewhat, it being -2 degrees F.  Once the car was warm and the windows clear, I drove over to Shooters (our coffee place in town), and when I got there, I realized I had left my phone at home!  Bah!  I thought, hey, there still might be time to go grab it, so I went back around a couple blocks, but as I was driving up, I saw two cars at the house.  Rebecca (The Local Agent) and some people were walking up the sidewalk to the house.  Dang!  Too late to retrieve my phone.  So, I put a disinterested look on my face, and drove right on by the house without looking directly at anyone.  

Poor Kitty did somehow got his head around the flaps of the box and around the tape.  He didn't get all the way out of the box.  I had him in the front seat (with the seat warmer on, because I knew he would be cold.  Next time I will bring a blankie.)  After a while, since he thought maybe he would not get out that way, he pulled his head back into the box.  


This is the taping job that he got his head through the flaps and around the taping.  You can see a little rip in the flap.  That's where Poor Kitty's little head came through.  

So I went back to Shooters and got a Nordic Latte (some white chocolate concoction that is just awesome and most likely horrible for me) and a Black Bean Burrito, both of which were EXCELLENT by the way.  Came back to the car, ate my breakfast and drank my coffee, and by then it was around 7:30am.  I thought, well, it's probably better for the car if I drive around, rather than park here in idle.  So I decide to head back toward the high school to see what I could see.  As I'm turning out of Shooters, Rebecca (The Local Real Estate Agent) drives by in the truck I saw earlier at my house.  So, I'm like, Yes, I bet they are done.  I drove past the house, and sure enough, the cars are gone.  So I knew I could come back. 

Poor Kitty.  I brought him in the house and put his box on the couch, then ran to get the scissors so I could cut the packing tape.  While I was out of the room, I heard a crash of the box hitting the floor.  I came back and found Poor Kitty standing there next to his box.  He had somehow ripped a corner out of the box utilizing one of the air holes I had cut.  It's a pretty small hole.  Not sure how he got out of it. 

This is the hole he escaped from.  He's WAY bigger than this hole.  

Conclusions of the day:  

That particular card board box will not work to hold Poor Kitty.  We will need a tougher box, or I'm thinking a plastic tote with some holes in it.  Bryan is going to look at Petco after work to see if there's something more suitable.  

There are now 2 more showings, 1 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday!  So it marches on!

   

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Begins

Catch Up and Preview

Jobs, and the Lack Thereof