All By Myself...Don't Wanna Be.....


I sure miss my poor old guy.  And of course I can't help but worry.    

Bryan is doing ok in Tomah.  Crazy man and his truck driver obsession with driving all night led to him oversleeping his alarm by 2 hours this morning.  Not that he HAD to be anywhere.  He just wanted to get the unloading finished so he could go up to Phillips to visit the grocery store.  

By the way, Phillips is the latest town Bryan has decided upon.  I think this will be the final destination.  I HOPE this will be the final destination.  Bryan has been worried all this time that if he picks a store, he won't like the houses, and if he picks a house, he won't like the store.  I think we have a winner this time.  Phillips is almost 3 hours away from Tomah.

We are going to buy a camper on the next trip out, get it parked, and set up housekeeping in it while we get our forever house. 

Bryan wants to go to the Phillips post office too, to see about getting a PO box.  He's going to look for camp grounds where we can "long term" it with a camper.  Most of them don't open until May 1. By that time, it will be sort of a moot point, because by then we will  hopefully be getting ready to close on a house up there.  

Might end up being Walmart parking lots until May 1.  

Poor Kittie sure misses his Daddy.  We look for Daddy everywhere, and we cry and cry.  He was crying in the middle of the night last night, and he came into my bed and got patted by Mama.  Poor thing.  I was already awake, so I didn't really mind being walked all over.  I miss Daddy too, I told him.   

I worked like crazy yesterday after my class, and got the big office and the master bedroom completely cleared out for the carpet cleaning.  I have moved "packing central" and all the empty boxes to the small office, since it has no carpeting, and the rest of the stuff went to the living room.  By the time Bryan gets back, all we will have to move out are the beds.  My goal today is to completely pack my bedroom and get the small furniture out.  

But first, I have to log job hunting now, because my job attached seasonal unemployment date has passed.  So now I have to actually look for a job again.  It's ok.  I have consulted with a person at Connecting Colorado (the Workforce Center) and if I log one of their workshops once per week, and then fill in the rest with one contact from A-Peak and fill out a couple applications, that's good enough.  

Just one more thing to add to my giant list of stuff I gotta do.  

Oh...and....no hot water yet.  

The darn people that came yesterday promised an estimate in one hour.  I called them 6 hours later and got their answer machine, and I asked them "What gives?"  I finally got an estimate around 5pm, with, of course, $2800 replacement.  $1500 labor cost!  In the mean time, I called another plumber, who sounds like a pretty cool guy, and he went and bought a universal thermocouple, and will call me when he's on his way here later this afternoon.  This guy isn't some big-time multi-branch plumbing company, just a guy on his own, and he understood that we have the house under contract and that we were not going to replace the water heater.  So, if this guy does ok today, we are in the clear.  He sounded kind of mad at those other people who strung me along and made me wait a whole other day.  

I will keep you posted.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Begins

Catch Up and Preview

Jobs, and the Lack Thereof