Things are Moving along...

Here I promised I'd post every day, and I have let you all down.  But it was my birthday yesterday, so can you please let me off the hook for that?

Here's what's happened since Tuesday:

We made a date for the carpets to be cleaned.  April 2.  

I got some numbers to call for house cleaning.  Called one, no answer, mailbox full.  Called the other, Ian, and he will be sending us a proposal. Update:  got a proposal back and it's favorable to be done April 3 or April 5.  And we got a $100 discount because Shea recommended the guy.  So awesome! 

We have the disclosure documents, which I've been going through today.  We will get them finalized tonight and sent off tomorrow.  

I started moving stuff out of the bedrooms for the carpet cleaning.  Don't worry, I didn't carry all that stuff out here. I piled it all on a furniture dolly and rolled it out here.  I did more box scooting than lifting.  No harm no foul.  


Here's all the boxes I moved.  They are now in the living room.


The master is now empty,....except for the chandelier and one crate of canned goods that wasn't going ANYWHERE under my power.  Bryan will have to move that.  Also there is my trusty furniture dolly, and the helpful Poor Kitty who wouldn't get out of the frame.  

The closets still have stuff in them.  One has the survival gear and food, and the other has all the suit cases and coolers.  That's my next goal to get moved.  The survival gear is super heavy though, so it might be a Bryan job.  

In case you're wondering about the chandelier in question, see picture above.  This light fixture came with the house, but I love it so much!  It goes awesome with my dinette set and hutch, and it reminds me a lot of my Grammy, who did stained glass as a hobby, then actually taught it to college students in Buffalo.  So I just could not part with it.  We replaced it with a Cheapo Home Depot, and are taking the stained glass one with us.  

Bryan, Allen, and Shawn packed it up on Styrofoam covered pallet and covered it with packing material.  You can see it hiding there toward the back of the master bedroom.  This puppy needs to ride in the car with me to Wisconsin, because I don't trust it to be put in the trailer or truck. 


Here's the Cheapo Home Depot.  Really we got it at Lowes, but I think Cheapo Home Depot sounds funnier.  It's slightly smaller in scale, but has 3 bulbs instead of 1.  I've been enjoying the extra light in my "office".  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Begins

Catch Up and Preview

Jobs, and the Lack Thereof