I got a job!

 Yay! Finally after 2 months of being here, I got a paying job!  I will be working as an office assistant at a landscaping business, Custom Caretaking and Landscaping, in Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin.  (Don't ask me how to pronounce it.  The lady there said is just like the arbor vitae plant....which I've never heard of either! hahaha.  I guess it's are burr vite ee.)Anyway, it's about a 1 hour commute each way, but that was the only downfall.  It was the best-paying job I applied for, and it's just office work, no huge responsibilities, no working on my feet, just putting my head down and working until I can retire.  Relatively easy but a little challenging.  The people are super nice.  I'm pretty happy about it.  Oh, and it's Mon-Fri 8am-5pm.  

Bry is settling into Pick-n-Save.  He likes the people, and the work isn't too hard on him.  He's working a split shift, so he doesn't have to get up too early, and isn't out late at night.  He works Wed-Sun 11am-7pm.  It will be hard not to have a day off together, but we've done it before, and we know how to do it. 

We have not tilled for the garden yet!  It's seriously muddy still.  And we keep getting massive thunderstorms and dumping rain.  We might have to give up on a garden this year.  Rhubarb plants will go in on Bryan's next days off, if it's not raining.  We intend to rototill once it gets dry later in the summer and maybe get some lettuce and radishes in.  We will get some tomato plants and keep them in pots, so they can be carried in.  And we will get our greenhouse up and running before snow flies, so we will be ready in the spring to start our plants.     

Bryan got the lawn mowed again, dodging rain drops the whole time.  No troubles with the John Deere this time!  If we keep ahead of it, it won't become the hay field it was a few weeks ago.  

Bryan has been working on the basement stairs cover door.  It will have a frame and hinges, so it can be walked on, but hooked up out of the way when we want to go down there.  He got some wood for garage shelves, and he got me a shelf and closet rod for the laundry room, which will go on the wall across from the washer/dryer.  We are also hanging a coat rack with hooks and a shelf on the wall across from the basement stairs.  Slowly but surely we are getting things organized!

The garage shelves are done!  They look great!  


I continue to unpack boxes, cook our weekly food, and keep the house reasonably clean.  I am also still working on my coaching business, although I have slowed way down, having a lot less time to do things.  But I will still be keeping it up.  

Please read, comment, and share!  Love you all......



       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Begins

Catch Up and Preview

Jobs, and the Lack Thereof